Shareholder Alert – Investigation on Behalf of Avinger Shareholders
Kehoe Law Firm, P.C. announces the commencement of a securities class action lawsuit on behalf of Avinger, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGR) shareholders who purchased shares pursuant and/or traceable to Avinger’s Stock Offering on or about January 30, 2015.
Allegations of False & Misleading Statements in AVGR IPO Documents
Avinger designs, manufactures, and sells medical devices used to treat patients with peripheral arterial disease. Avinger focuses on introducing products based on its lumivascular platform, which is an intravascular image-guided system.
The class action complaint alleges that the Registration Statement and Prospectus filed for the Company’s Initial Public Offering contained materially false and misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:
(1) Avinger did not have adequate sales and marketing personnel to increase sales of its lumivascular platform products and to commercialize Pantheris;
(2) the Company already experienced problems with the robustness of its lumivascular platform devices, including Pantheris;
(3) physicians and hospitals were requiring more extensive and comprehensive training and education on the benefits of Avinger’s products to convince them to adopt and implement its lumivascular platform products compared to competing products and procedures available in the market;
(4) the Company would not be able to achieve a rapid ramp rate for increased sales of its lumivascular platform; and
(5) as a result, Avinger was experiencing lower sales and revenues.
Avinger priced its IPO at $13 per share on January 30, 2015. Since the IPO, Avinger stock has fallen to a recent close of $0.36 per share on May 25, 2017.
AVGR Stock Losses?
If you purchased or otherwise acquired Avinger shares pursuant or traceable to the IPO and would like to speak privately with a securities attorney to contribute to or learn more about the investigation, please complete the form to the right or contact John Kehoe, Esq., (215) 792-6676, Ext. 801, [email protected]; or send an e-mail to [email protected].
Kehoe Law Firm, P.C. is a multidisciplinary, plaintiff–side law firm dedicated to protecting investors and consumers from corporate fraud, negligence, and other wrongdoing. Driven by a strong and principled sense of social responsibility and obtaining justice for the aggrieved, Kehoe Law Firm, P.C. represents plaintiffs seeking to recover investment losses resulting from securities fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, corporate wrongdoing or malfeasance, those harmed by anticompetitive practices, and consumers victimized by fraud, false claims, deception or data breaches. Together, the partners of the Kehoe Law Firm, P.C. have spent more than 30 years prosecuting precedent-setting securities and financial fraud cases in federal and state courts on behalf of institutional and individual clients.